ESTATE PLANNING SERVICES
It may not be a topic you want to think about, but planning for what life will look like for your loved ones after you die, or if you lose mental or physical capacity, should be a key part of your forward planning.
By using an experienced estate planning solicitor, you can tackle life head on knowing that everything will be looked after the way you wanted.
Failure to engage in an effective estate and succession planning process can have drastic and unintended consequences that could cause those you leave behind untold stress and expense.
Our solicitors are experts in estate planning. We are able to sit down with our clients, draw out the right information, suggest a plan to suit, and implement our recommendations via advice and drafting of appropriate documents, such as a Will, Powers of Attorney, Binding Nominations, Trusts, or Deeds of Family Settlement, to name a few.
Our estate planning expertise includes:
- Wills for singles, married couples or de facto couples
- Wills for mixed or blended families
- Wills containing testamentary trusts or other special trusts, such as trusts for disabled beneficiaries
- Binding nominations for Self-Managed Superannuation Funds and advice concerning superannuation entitlements after death
- Victorian Enduring Powers of Attorney (Financial, Personal/Guardianship and Medical)
- New South Wales Enduring Financial Power of Attorney and Enduring Medical Guardianship
- Advice on advanced care planning
- Aged care and retirement village advice
- Succession planning for family owned businesses
- Succession planning for family farming enterprises
Estate planning is a consideration that is relevant at all times – whenever a major life event occurs such as purchase of property, marriage, divorce or birth of children; changes in asset make up, or major health events, it is always a great idea to review your current Will and make sure it’s still relevant.
We are more than happy to sit down with you to discuss your situation for an obligation free first appointment.